Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bags of fun


Look what the Elves got up to last night at 11pm! Bags of scrummy cookie mix. I have longed to do these for at least 9 years since our first trip to the USA and finally in a bit of desperation for a gift for Luke's preschool teachers, I decided that this was something I did have in the cupboard!

I ended up adapting my own cookie mix recipe so I was hoping they would turn out good, but to confirm I decided it would be worth trying it out tonight and the new adapted version is not only quicker (seen that you just throw everything together ) but tastier too!

One note that these really work well if they are chilled for about 5-10 minutes before baking, otherwise due to  the high butter content they will melt into one big glump of goo!

Here is the recipe:

280g flour
70g castor sugar
pinch of salt
50g rolled oats
100g chocolate chips
70g soft brown sugar
some co-ordinated M&M's on top ( I used the crispy ones as they are my favourite) I ran out of red & green so did a girly pink & purple version

Add the above ingredients to the bag or jar, I found combining the castor sugar, flour & salt and keeping this at the bottom worked best based on a trial of 3 and changing it each time. The M&M's also sit very nicely on top of the chocolate chips.

On the recipe card
Add 1 egg yolk
225g softened butter
1 tsp of vanilla essence
Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge before baking
Bake at 150 degrees fan assisted until golden brown 10 -15 minutes

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea - must bookmark/remember this for the nieces next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your cupcake spatula? So cute!

    ReplyDelete