Friday, July 8, 2011

The Diaries - Where is Love?

Tonight I sang one of my old fav's from Oliver Twist, "Where is Love" to the boys as they fell asleep. I have always (as one would) associated this song with an orphan boy looking for his real mother. But now that we are looking into Adoption it made me think while the words where coming out of my mouth. What about the child who is looking for love? Who's circumstances don't permit it? Where is that love?


Where is Love?
Does it fall from skies above?
Is it underneath the willow tree
That I've been dreaming of?

Where is she?
Who I close my eyes to see?
Will I ever know the sweet "hello" 
That's meant for only me?

Who can say where she may hide?
Must I travel far and wide?
'Til I am beside the someone who
I can mean something to.
Where,
Where is love?



No comments:

Post a Comment